- Every entity, to be a member of RINEX, has to have a valid license to operate in Rwanda as an Internet or Data Service Provider.
- RINEX management will provide a layer-2 Ethernet switch fabric for interconnection. Each member will be given a port at the RINEX facility, through which they will peer with other members.
- Each member is responsible for providing at least a 10Mbps link to the RINEX facility.
- RINEX members shall announce only those routes that belong to their Autonomous System and their customers.
- Members will have to exchange routes with each other without bias or disregard.
- All members will have to use RINEX-assigned IP address (currently in the range of 126.96.36.199/24) for connecting and exchanging routes with each other.
- Every member will keep its RINEX link connected at all times (24/7) for the purpose of facilitating the efficient routing and interconnection of IP transit networks within Rwanda.